45L Top Box Install

ridered

I ordered and installed the 45L Honda top box, but when I was done, I had an extra washer from the lock kit. I followed the instructions thoroughly, and it said to use the thin washer, but never the thicker washer. I think the instructions maybe incorrect. The key cylinder is slightly loose, like it is missing something like a washer. Anyone here installed either the 45L, or the smaller top case that can confirm if the extra washer is used, and where it goes? I've been using it a couple weeks, and it works fine, but seems like it should be slightly tighter.

BTW, with exchange rates favorable for the US, I got a great deal on it. I ordered everything from Lings, including the rear carrier and the total shipped was around 700 including a 20.00 paypal fee. I think it was worth it because it looks great on the bike, and will swallow 2 full faced helmets and then some. I can put my helmet and all my riding gear in it. Installation is a pain though. Why can they pre-install the back rest? I'll post pics when I take some.

• Member Contributer

My 6th gen 45 liter top box is for sale, see classifieds!

:offtopic:

• Member Contributer

The whole handle/lock bit on my 45l rattles. Perhaps it's a poor design.

Archived