Bigger Battery

Has anyone looked at getting a bigger battery in their 8th gen yet? I only ask as there are some weeks where I leave the bike for a few days and the tracker and alarm has its way with it. Never failed to start but a battery indicator attached to the bike has shown red alot sooner than before.

I keep mine on a battery tender all the time. The lead sticks out between the seat and rear cowl when in use, and tucks away otherwise. I've done this with all my bikes and my 07 CBR 600 RR is still on the original battery, in great condition.

I keep mine on a battery tender all the time. The lead sticks out between the seat and rear cowl when in use, and tucks away otherwise. I've done this with all my bikes and my 07 CBR 600 RR is still on the original battery, in great condition.

my bike is parked on the mean streets, no power to be had.

My old CBR600 went through its 1st battery in 3 years, the 2nd one lasted over 10 years before I replaced it. The battery store didnt believe me until I handed it to them and he read the label they installed on it. I used a battery maintainer any time it sat unused for more than 2 weeks. My current 2014 VFR800FD will be plugged in any time it is not used for 2 weeks or more.

I went with a lithium battery, It's the same price as a decent yuasa. It's 5mm shorter but has more capacity and has the ability to crank the engine even after the tracker has had its way with it. Apparently it'll charge to a more usable level quicker than gels aswell. Time will tell if I made the right choice.

Archived