Anyone Experienced This Seat Lock Problem?

2014 VFR800DL, one week old today.

My salesman opened the seat in my presence using a key to see whether the owner's manual was present (it wasn't, so they're mailing me one). Later that day I attempted the same operation myself, but the key simply refuses to turn in the lock. I've tried both keys in both orientations turning both ways in the lock, but nuffink works. Unless someone can suggest something, the next step is a warranty call on a dealer.

Try pushing down on the seat or cowl whichever is fitted while turning the key. The lock may need slight adjustment, mine was the opposite, a bit loose.

I've had the same problem. I had to turn turn the key harder than I wanted to get the lock to disengage with the seat. Since then, it turns but with more resistance than I'd like.

I'm sure the seat used to 'pop up' as well when the key was turned. Are others spring loaded? Might've this is the issue?

No, but mine doesn't pop up. I have to turn the key to release the lock and lift the rear edge of the cowl (don't use the passenger seat) at the same time.

Yes me too

Mine was a bit stiff, and the seat u piece didn't line up with the catch in the sub frame. I undid the screws on the seat part and adjusted the catch a bit. Seemed to make it a bit better. Think the problem is, the front of the seat cowl hits the back of the riders seat before the catch lines up. Annoying. :-)

Archived