Stock Bar End Weight Damper Part Number ?

TX _VFR

Did a search and could not find it.

I just ordered a set of Helibars and after reading the install threads about how much a PITA it is to get out the bar end weight dampers from the stock bars, I figure I'll just order brand new ones and avoid the cursing and throwing of tools.

Does anybody have the part numbers for them and a place to buy them from for a good price ?

TIA

• Member Contributer

Parts needed:

2 of each:

53105-KV3-000 - Weight B, Handlebar

53106-KT7-000 - Rubber A

53107-MB6-630 - Rubber B

53108-MAT-000 - Ring

Do make sure that the internal diameter of the helibars is the same as the OEM bars otherwise you may have to trim the rubber pieces down. I usually drill a hole through the bars using a doweling jig so the tabs on the retaining clip (aka Ring) have something to lock into. Also, liberally spray the rubber parts with aerosol hairspray so they slide more easily into the bar and have some grip when the hairspray dries.

• Member Contributer

When I installed Heli's on my 6th gen, I threaded a sacrificial bolt in to the weight to clamp a vice grip on, then once the tabs were released both slid out as I had plenty of purchase on them. I did that with each bar still in place so I had something to pull against. I may have sprayed some WD40 or silicone lube in, but I don't recall now.

I didn't check to verify in this case but most of the time I can find part numbers using motosport.com. Their part finder is really easy to use. They're overpriced so I never buy anything from them but a good reference none the less.

I think the 98-99 weights were different then 00-01, be sure to check.

Thanks for the tip, there was a different part # for one of the weights listed for 00-01 vs 98-99.

Ordered the new weights this morning, hopefully will be here in the next week.

Archived