'86 Clutch Pack Fit A '90?

I have a '90 VFR750 with a bad clutch and.... a used but good '86 OEM clutch pack, complete. EBC part numbers are the same -- anyone know if the OEM clutches are interchangeable from 2d to 3d generation?

Thanks,

JOE in IL

V4 Dreams.com

I'm pretty sure I looked into this years ago, and the Honda part number is exactly the same for clutch basket from 1986 to 1997.

• Member Contributer

How much of the clutch are we talking about? The steels, the [other discs] or the clutch basket, pressure plate, etc? It's possible that the same discs but not the same other parts are used on the two generations. Anything with ML7 in the part number was originally an RC24 (1st-2nd gen) part.

I was curious, so I had a quick look on www.bike-parts.fr (which makes it easy to see the other bikes using the same part--just click on the part number) and the clutch parts are all over the place. Some of them are used on loads of bikes, some even on the RC30. But the most interesting part was the clutch center: Used on every VFR from 1986 to 1999!

Anyway, compare parts using bike-parts.fr or Ron Ayers. But, that might not be the whole story. Parts with different part numbers may nevertheless be interchangeable, and I would trust EBC or Barnett to know which ones.

Ciao,

Archived