Speedometer Compatibility

DubaiVFR

Hi all,

Since VFR1200 is not sold where I live, the dealers here could not answer my question.

Can someone confirm if the speedometer on the manual VFR1200 can be installed on the DCT model or not.

Thanks.

It will not work - DCT uses some extra characters. The part number is different as well.

The seller on ebay received a confirmation from his Honda dealer that the speedometer he is selling will not work on DCT models.

Thanks.

I'm sure the speedometer (and some other functions) would work, but the DCT and manual dash display different information. The connector is probably the same but I've not studied a DCT dash to be 100% sure. Overall it wouldn't be worthwhile even trying to swap.

Also, the manual dash changed in 2012 (not sure about DCT, but probably also) and although early and late can be swapped and mostly work, obviously not everything.

To ensure everything works as it should, fit the correct dash for model and year.

• Member Contributer

I'm sure the speedometer (and some other functions) would work, but the DCT and manual dash display different information. The connector is probably the same but I've not studied a DCT dash to be 100% sure. Overall it wouldn't be worthwhile even trying to swap.

Also, the manual dash changed in 2012 (not sure about DCT, but probably also) and although early and late can be swapped and mostly work, obviously not everything.

To ensure everything works as it should, fit the correct dash for model and year.

Yup the DCT dash also changed in 2012.

Archived