Replacement Headlight

stu

Hi guys. New member here so apologies if this is in the wrong section or whatever.

I just wanted to see if anyone could help me out.

I had a bit of a crash last year on my 5th gen so I've had to do a bit of fixing. The only thing left is replacing the headlight, as the lens is cracked, and the moisture that's getting in is making the reflective stuff peel off.

A new headlight is about 300 quid, which I'm not prepared to pay. I've had my eye on eBay for ages and haven't been able to find any 2nd hand ones. However I have heard that an old Fireblade headlight will fit. Does anyone know anything about it? They look similar but would be great if someone could give some insight.

Cheers,

Stu

• Member Contributer

Stu

Got the same problem as you. Been looking for ages on ebay as well. Loads of vtec ones. Only need the glass!

How old a Fireblade? According to Partzilla they are different.

• Member Contributer

I think it's highly unlikely that a headlight unit from another bike will fit directly. Honda even changed the headlight mounting tab locations between the 3rd and 4th-gens, which otherwise appear to use the same headlight unit. If your lens is cracked and the reflective surfaces are peeling, your headlight unit is, unfortunately, ready for the bin. I think your only option is to keep eBaying...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I may be able to help both of you headlight shoppers.

I have two fifth gen headlight units. I could even supply bulbs with both. They may be used but were working when I pulled them.

One has horizontal scratches (about 1" x 3"). The scratches are not deep; I suspect it would not take much to polish out.

The other is has a broken rear mount which I intend to fix. It is not visible when installed.

I can supply pics if wanted.

PM me if interested.

1/31/2016: I've just realized one of these is needed for a restoration project. Only one available. I can use either one.

Archived