Hiflofiltro Air Filters

HughJebolzak

• Member Contributer

Opinions on this brand?

I require a new air filter for my recently purchased 5th gen. These are available on line at about half the price of OEM. I find limited info on line and nothing for the VFR.

• Member Contributer

Opinions on this brand?

I require a new air filter for my recently purchased 5th gen. These are available on line at about half the price of OEM. I find limited info on line and nothing for the VFR.

I've used them in half a dozen of my last bikes, including the VFR I have now. I have nothing negative to say. Much like their oil filters, they seem to be perfectly adequate OEM replacements at a reasonable price.

• Member Contributer

It's a toss up between an hour and a half round trip to the Honda dealer and pay $63 or buy on line, have it delivered free to my door and pay $39.

What little info I have read is mostly neutral or positive. I have read that they are the manufacture for some makes OEM filters. Not sure about that one.

Figured I'd ask here prior to placing an order. :happy:

• Member Contributer

Just a thought, but why not consider a K+N filter instead.

I use them on all my bikes and they work fine. I just clean and oil them once a season on the bikes I'm running or like when I was running the VF1000R out west in really dusty conditions, I just pulled it and cleaned it one evening and next morning when it was dry oiled it and popped it back in.

They retail for $69.99 USD in the US, but many places discount them. Right now D2Moto is having a 35% off sale on everything in their store so that would be around $42 plus shipping to you. I have bought a a bunch of stuff from them and they are a good company. http://www.icontact-archive.com/ud7PHOJXCLQ1S79SrtbFcjUku0ZIGkFA?w=2

You could also look on E-bay for a good used one and clean it up. Saw one for $25 here in the US, tried to look up E-bay Canada, but kept defaulting to the US site on my computer for some reason today.

• Member Contributer

Well...with the current exchange rate of about 1.3 and the fact that having anything shipped across the border is stupid expensive, buying stuff from the U.S. at this point in time negates any deals to be had really.

• Member Contributer

Here is my old OEM filter next to a new HiFlo

IMG_5696.jpg

The engine sides

IMG_5697.jpg

Close-up of the OEM engine side

IMG_5698.jpg

Close-up of the HiFlo

IMG_5699.jpg

They look to be built by the same manufacturer. The OEM has 60 pleats, the HiFlo has 55. So the OEM has 9% more pleats.

The OEM has a two layer engine side screen, the HiFlo is one layer. Different screens but probably allow for the same air flow.

The OEM costs about $25 more in these parts. I would imagine that your engine would not be able to tell the difference.

Archived