A Right Side Passenger Footrest Mount Without The Exhaust Bracket?

hellindustries

'Hoy.

So. I got a fancy new exhaust which doesn't use the standard mount on the right side, and i'm looking to either get a different footrest mount without the mounting point, or maybe...maybe chop down the existing one.

Any suggestions?

• Member Contributer

I think the simplest solution would be to cut down the existing footrest mount. I doubt you will find anything better that fits the existing subframe and doesn't clash with bodywork and matches the left side.

• Member Contributer

I bought a used 2Bros exhaust, sold as meant for a 5 Gen but was a low mount version. I traded a the mid-pipe of a high mount kit and improvised the installation. I eventually removed the passenger foot pegs on both sides, with the exception of keeping the seat latch portion intact. Here's a pic of what I ended up with on the exhaust side. I used a piece of aluminum "angle iron" as the hanger and used an existing bolt hole that is used to hold an electrical component and I notched the plastic bottom pan. Maybe this will give you some ideas.

IMG_1894_zpszq8ocve1.jpg

• Member Contributer

I like that solution to the hanger. The supplied Delkevic hanger is far too short:

EtvTySx.jpg

Did you have to cut the rear panel back at all?

Also: Removing the left side? How did you retain the seat locking mechanism?

I notched the bottom plastic pan just where the hanger came in contact with it. As far as the left side bracket, I found one on eBay that I bought and cut. I wanted to have the ability to restore the bikes ergonomics if needed/wanted, so rather than sacrifice my bracket, I bought one and cut it down. I cut it so that it was flush with the rear fairing so that you couldn't see it. I'll see if I have a pic of it.

Here's a pic before I cut the bracket down more. Initially I cut off the "V" shaped part of it, then decided I'd cut it flush as I didn't like the little protrusion you can see in this photo.

DSCN0815_zpsvsrpynui.jpg

Archived