Favorite Source For Used Parts

joneill

• Member Contributer

What are your favorite sources for used part? I have used bike bandit and cheap cycle parts for new parts in the past. I have been searching ebay for used post-4674-0-92089900-1442402490.jpgand most of what I have found are crashed parts that are broken or rashed. Any other sources would appreciated.

Thanks in advanced

• Member Contributer

Craigsearch is good or something like it...ones that have content filtering let you weed out the stuff that doesn't matter so much.

• Member Contributer

New body panels for the 5th gen bikes are still available from honda. That will be the best source for unblemished panels, but is also expensive. Otherwise you have to be really lucky and be in the right place at the right time.

• Member Contributer

ebay is a great resource but there are some shady sellers on there. The trick is to find out which scrappers are reputable. Cycle Reapers has been good for me. Some of the ones out of Florida I hear are questionable.

Craigslist has been pretty good as well. I found a set of used Stain Tunes and bodywork/ bags all at reasonable prices for my hybrid project. Even found the coveted 8 spoke wheel from doing a search. I use ad huntr to help find what is needed.

Without a doubt, the best resource honestly has been on this forum. I have never had an issue selling or buying off another member here (knocking on my desk) and have even made some friendships from it. Like wagzhp said it comes down to being in the right place at the right time. I suggest if there is something that you are looking for, that you place a classified ad for it. I just did it today to find a set of stock 5th gen clip ons for my project hybrid. Many of us are part hoarders and someone is bound to have what you need.

good luck!

• Member Contributer

Thanks - I will have to check on the fairing availability. Both Bike Bandit and Cheap Cycle parts show the OEM part is unavailable

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

It's all back together. I found a rashed rear cowl with a serviceable rear tail light i could use. The 1998 and 1999 rear cowls were unavailable so I ordered a 2001 and it is an exact fit. Thanks for the help and suggestions.

Archived