Broke Down Placerville Ca

Squamishvfr

Gen 5 from Canada blown wheel bearings in Placerville California. Anyone with local knowledge I'm open to advice. So far I'm thinking of calling performance cycle tomorrow to see if they have parts. I'm worried if the rim is stretched and wondering if anyone has a used rim or a local bike wreaker.

Also posted on FB VFRD People

Many thanks SquVFR

• Member Contributer

There's an ebay seller in Placerville with 2 4th gen rear wheels listed, but unfortunately not a front for a 5th / 6th gen. :( There are a couple of correct fronts listed, but they're quite some distance away.

• Member Contributer

If you do need a wheel, here's some info.

I missed an ebay wheel in the Portland area, has a 'buy it now' at $250 - free shipping for Wedensday delivery. UPS shipping to Roseville is about $16 for ground (Tuesday delivery) and $133 for Monday morning delivery. You can call the seller at 503-805-3983.

At ProCaliber motorsports Longview, WA (877-240-1844) they have free shipping on orders over $99. A 5th gen front wheel is about $415, but that comes per the fiche with front bearings installed, so that eases the pain a bit compared to also buying new bearings. Not likely in stock though . . . :(

Best of luck with it.

Let us know how you make out.

• Member Contributer

It would be unusual for the rim to be damaged. Bearings are common and cheap--try replacing them first. Even if the bearing is totally destroyed, it would take some doing to wear through the outer race. Unless you've got some reason to be worried about damage, I wouldn't be!

Bearings are called 6204UU, the UU just means double rubber seals. They should be available everywhere, not just Honda dealers. Seals are referred to by their dimensions, which are 28x47.2x7 (OD 47.2mm, ID 28mm and depth 7mm), also common, but maybe a little harder to find on the road. Good luck.

Ciao,

Archived