Finished The Vfkr (Kind Of)

unbalanced

• Member Contributer

Seb, it rides great! Handling is much improved and breaking is what it should be now. Thanks for the kudos

My issue is with the carbs... I will start another post after a I test it again tonight. The rpms do not come down when on the road... in the garage it's all good but out of the drive way it hangs up at 2500 and slowly drops...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Be interested in what you find out about your carbs, I have same problem on '83 VF750, which I just got back on the road. After engine gets HOT, rpm only drops to 3k, OK until it gets hot. I have new boots, had carbs cleaned even though they were taken off 30 years ago without any gas in them.

The problem with the idle dropping slowly is the carbs need to be synchronized, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYgN2-96Ik0 I had the same issue and got a carbtune and all is wonderful now.

Bike looks great

• Member Contributer

Love the 900rr tail. What did you do for tail lights? I like the original tail lights, it would be cool to have duals on the new RR tail section as a nod to the original.

Your bike looks awesome, please don't put it in the classifieds here :goofy:

• Member Contributer

My 4th gen's carbs were first checked and balanced at 60,000km.... They were still ok only getting minor tweaks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

post-16289-0-72974300-1441814407.jpg

Wow!

I`ve been away from forums for awhile. Don`t know how I missed you finishing this. I like it! Really looks good and I like the paint scheme.

I hear you about kids off to college. Mine will be going next year. Need to slim down a few things as well. bike looks great!

Update: My problem turned out to be poor connections of the the coils, terminals were black after all the years of sitting. Apparently I was adjusting the idle while running with weak spark on two rear cylinders, then contact got better and RPMs jumped up. All is well, rode it to work yesterday, first time in 26 years!

Archived