Help - Brake Line/fluid Problem

Skids

• Member Contributer

Changing my standard brake lines for Galfer braided lines, I've run into a bigger problem that I've given up on for now as I've been working on the bike the whole weekend:

I'm stuck at Step G on the Bleeding Guide. I can't seem to get any fluid out of the front left centre bleed valve when I continually press the rear brake pedal. I've clearly installed something wrong but I can't think what it is. I've checked & double-checked the fittings, nothing's leaking and it all installed fine.

I did notice that on Step C, the rear pedal wasn't really pushing the SMC out, but then I was still filling the whole thing with fluid so I assumed that there was insufficient fluid in the system yet. I've run through all the steps in the guide twice and still no fluid from the front left centre bleed speed bleeder.

I would appreciate some wise words of wisdom as to how I can solve this. I will have to commute on the 1200 until it is fixed.

Thanks.

• Member Contributer

Problem solved!

It turns out one of the speed bleeders doesn't have a hole at the base of the thread.

It's no wonder the fluid wouldn't come out the top.

The pictures show both sides of the offending bleeder alongside one with the hole.

P1000875_zpskou0co3v.jpg

P1000876_zpswmrn2pa8.jpg

• Member Contributer

We'd eliminated everything else. We knew fluid was getting to the caliper but not going any further (ie out of the bleeder as we were trying to bleed the line) so I took it out and one of my friends spotted it.

Bizarre indeed.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Many thanks to Joshua at JT Custom Electrical....a replacement Speed Bleeder arrived today. :beer:

Archived