Andybody Ride The Zion/mt. Carmel Highway In Utah?

choco

Sorry, I didn't have much luck making it appear, but someone, perhaps a mere child, could do better then I and /

post it. Anyway, it looks awesome? I'm wondering if Jeff and Tony et al rode this route on the way back from the first Sum Sum in Dillon

• Member Contributer

I'm guessing you mean the road through Zion Park . . . Did that in 2013 - here's a link with many pics. At Mt. Carmel Jct. is the Thunderbird Restaurant, home of the "Ho Made Pies" . . . I only stopped there to take a photo - honest! :ph34r:

Here's a link . . .

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/75622-chasing-coyote-roadrunner/page-4

The road that goes by Mt Carmel Jct is US 89 from Panguitch to Kanab. Nice road, but nothing spectacular.

• Member Contributer

Zion is a magical place for me. And the paved backroads between Zion and Moab are Quite Fabulous. Southern Utah has been my favorite place for a long time. Ever since I first saw a pic of a person standing in the Virgin River gazing up at 2000 foot vertical cliffs so close at hand you can almost touch each side with arms outstretched.

Looking west down the Virgin River valley at sunset one finds the air saturated with pink.

MoNa (Mother Nature) at her best! It is as close as one can to come to being on another planet.

Highly recommended. :fing02: :tour:

Archived