New Member From The Netherlands

JeevanBee

Morning all! (At least it's morning over here)

My name is Joris and I live in the Netherlands since 1985. Because in that year the best things where made :goofy: I bought a '85 VF750F back in 2007. There where some things broken on the bike (busted fairing (full side fairing), leaking fork seals, rotten exhaust collector....etc... I decided to do a make over and make it a naked bike. The only reason I bought it back then was because of the sound of the V4. I tossed quite a few original parts in the bin/sold it and had my angle grinder meet up with the frame at a few parts.

I only got to the stage of dismantling and trying a few things before my personal situation changed and I had to box the bike.

After boxing my VF a few years ago, I'm now thinking of getting it back up and running again.

How foolish was I as a youngster as I now begin to appreciate the beauty of the original design. Anyhows, I will check in regularly to seek for advice and show my progress as it is very plausible that I don't recall everything how it was mounted back in the days.

Ciao!

post-33647-0-26351700-1438064626.jpg

• Member Contributer

Welcome to the asylum. Glad to hear you've come to your senses. Good luck. It's going to be beautiful.

• Member Contributer

Goeiemorgen!

Welcome to VFRD from a fellow countryman; yeah the 80's were great! (1962 myself....)

Archived