Sargent Seat? Sure, Why Not

VifferCrab

I didn't like my OEM seat either. Got a good deal on a Corbin and Sargent so I was lucky enough to try them both. The Sargent felt better on longer rides and also fit better (especially with the rear cowl on). I sold the Corbin.

4958810164_a16eaaf695_z.jpg

• Member Contributer

After one long ride on the stock seat, it had to go. Very happy with the Sargent. Tried a Saddlemen on my Gen 5.5 build and looking forward to getting some testing vs. the sargent since the bikes will have the same seat pan.

HA.

Coming from an FZ07, the seat on my VFR is absolutely glorious. I picked up the bike this past weekend and rode it home 450 miles and my butt was just fine!

If you guys are saying the sargeant seat is that much better i may have to give it a looksie as i like the way its dished out, ie it should cup my arse quite well. :)

I bought a used Sargent a few years ago and couldn't be happier. Various parts of me get sore on a longer ride, but never my ass. I don't think "wow, this saddle is comfy!" I just don't think about it at all, and I could never say that about the stock seat. Worth the investment.

Sargent's customer service is as high quality as their product. I have had difficulties dealing with Corbin after many years of being a loyal Corbin customer through the nineties, I gave up.

I tried out Sargent's and never looked back.

I took it so far that when I bought my 1996 VFR a few years ago with a torn Corbin seat, I sent it to Sargent's and asked them to recover it and make sure that they put their logo on it.

• Member Contributer

Sargent's customer service is as high quality as their product. I have had difficulties dealing with Corbin after many years of being a loyal Corbin customer through the nineties, I gave up.

I tried out Sargent's and never looked back.

I took it so far that when I bought my 1996 VFR a few years ago with a torn Corbin seat, I sent it to Sargent's and asked them to recover it and make sure that they put their logo on it.

+1 Several members have sent there seat back to Sargent's and were rebuilt at no charge .

I've had 7 Sargent seats over lots of years and various bikes. I put one on the 5th generation because the stock seat always had me up against the fuel tank.

There are really great people @ Sargent and in my view have rather modest pricing. Is it good enough? 2 Bun Burner Gold's on different bikes (5 gen. & SV650S), both with Sargent seats. Many 5-600 mile days. R3~

• Member Contributer

I have a Sargent seat on my 05 VFR and it's been excellent with that Atomic foam for 5 years.

I've had neurosurgery in my groin (Cyclist syndrome), so I'm really tuned into this portion of our

anatomy! Kevin

• Member Contributer

I love mine, but it is now on its second bike (was '03, now '06) and it will not stay latched. I get it locked, ride and when I get off, it's unlatched. Any clues for me? Please?

• Member Contributer

I love mine, but it is now on its second bike (was '03, now '06) and it will not stay latched. I get it locked, ride and when I get off, it's unlatched. Any clues for me? Please?

This thread helped me with my seat.

Thank you, Rich. I have read that thread, but this time noticed the bit about lubricating the rubber spacers. I'll give that a whirl!

• Member Contributer

This thread helped me with my seat.

Thank you, Rich. I have read that thread, but this time noticed the bit about lubricating the rubber spacers. I'll give that a whirl!

Nope. I applied plenty of lube, and other than amusing Polarbear, no good was done.

Archived