Brakes Pads For 2002 Vfr800

• Member Contributer

Not saying it wont switch,but so far the pp has been completed and the order shows processing.

Update: I received my "261's" today, from the EBC facility in Las Vegas. Regarding PayPal, I initially ordered and paid with PP. My built in shipping address was my PO Box. They don't do PO Boxes at JC Whitney(FedEx). BUT, I received my PP refund automatically and immediately.

• Member Contributer

Well switch was right after having my money and saying processing for 2 days I just got an email for no stock and a refund in2-7 days :mad:

• Member Contributer

Well switch was right after having my money and saying processing for 2 days I just got an email for no stock and a refund in2-7 days :mad:

Darn it sorry .

I'm not an advocate for JC Whitney, however, in the transactions described above ALL my money was refunded BOTH times. I received the in stock parts "261's" and THEN they charged my card ONLY for the parts I received. I placed my first order on July 4th, so the refund turnaround is short. I looked into the "388's" again and was told yesterday they would be back in stock in "a week". So I'll try again next week, hopefully they will be similarly priced. I get the feeling they always have a promo code of some type and free shipping. I also get the feeling that this newly constituted JC Whitney is a direct "clearing house" model with no captive stock, only taking orders and routing them from suppliers, i.e.; my pads came direct from EBC Las Vegas.

• Member Contributer

I'm not an advocate for JC Whitney, however, in the transactions described above ALL my money was refunded BOTH times. I received the in stock parts "261's" and THEN they charged my card ONLY for the parts I received. I placed my first order on July 4th, so the refund turnaround is short. I looked into the "388's" again and was told yesterday they would be back in stock in "a week". So I'll try again next week, hopefully they will be similarly priced. I get the feeling they always have a promo code of some type and free shipping. I also get the feeling that this newly constituted JC Whitney is a direct "clearing house" model with no captive stock, only taking orders and routing them from suppliers, i.e.; my pads came direct from EBC Las Vegas.

Hope so !!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I have tried ordering the FA261HH's 3 times now, and every time they cancel the order, send me an email, and also call me to tell me they are out of stock. Today I finally called them to see if they had them in stock before ordering. The lady said they did not have any and did not know when they would get more. There are no restocking orders pending, but she COULD order them for me today at a price of $31 instead of the $17.xx that was on their website. She said if I wanted to wait, just check back in 2 or 3 weeks.

All of that being said, I also tried ordering some FA187HH for my GF's 2000 VFR with the VTR front end on it. The first time the order got cancelled, but the second time it was filled and they should be sitting on the front porch right now (just got the delivery notice). Those were only $14.57 each!

Oh, and according to the tracking number, the FA187HH's came directly from EBC. So if JC Whitney drop ships the pads from EBC, why would it matter if they have the FA261HH's in stock or not? Wouldn't they just order them from EBC and drop ship them too? That part makes no sense to me.

• Member Contributer

Well, I have tried ordering the FA261HH's 3 times now, and every time they cancel the order, send me an email, and also call me to tell me they are out of stock. Today I finally called them to see if they had them in stock before ordering. The lady said they did not have any and did not know when they would get more. There are no restocking orders pending, but she COULD order them for me today at a price of $31 instead of the $17.xx that was on their website. She said if I wanted to wait, just check back in 2 or 3 weeks.

All of that being said, I also tried ordering some FA187HH for my GF's 2000 VFR with the VTR front end on it. The first time the order got cancelled, but the second time it was filled and they should be sitting on the front porch right now (just got the delivery notice). Those were only $14.57 each!

Oh, and according to the tracking number, the FA187HH's came directly from EBC. So if JC Whitney drop ships the pads from EBC, why would it matter if they have the FA261HH's in stock or not? Wouldn't they just order them from EBC and drop ship them too? That part makes no sense to me.

It will be interesting to see what arrives at your door.

Archived