50K Miles On A 5Th Gen What Should I Pay?

klimber

Hey all, new to the forum, but semi-experienced rider.. currently on an '04 Suzuki DL650.

I've been missing the sportiness of previous sport bikes I've owned, and I have owned a '95 VFR750, liked it a lot, and have test-ridden a '00VFR800, liked it a lot, but couldn't get myself to pay the $3500 what the guy was asking.

There's another for sale near me, he's asking $2300, with 50k miles and a salvaged title. Can't tell much about the history, or how light/hard it's been ridden, but I know 50k miles isn't necessarily a lot for these engines, but it's also getting to that point where why am I going to put $2k+ into a motorcycle (plus insurance) that I will probably only ride occasionally, more for sport, less for commuting/practicality.

The Suzuki is fun to throw around the curves, but the VFR has a special fun-factor that I haven't had in a while, and can do the extended tours if needed.

Should I waste time trying to talk him down?

• Member Contributer

Why was it salvaged? I'd want to know.

50K isn't much, I just passed 100K on my '99. If it's been otherwise taken care of and you're only looking for an occasional sport ride the price isn't too far off. I'd probably try to get it under $2K.

• Member Contributer

Hey all, new to the forum, but semi-experienced rider.. currently on an '04 Suzuki DL650.

I've been missing the sportiness of previous sport bikes I've owned, and I have owned a '95 VFR750, liked it a lot, and have test-ridden a '00VFR800, liked it a lot, but couldn't get myself to pay the $3500 what the guy was asking.

There's another for sale near me, he's asking $2300, with 50k miles and a salvaged title. Can't tell much about the history, or how light/hard it's been ridden, but I know 50k miles isn't necessarily a lot for these engines, but it's also getting to that point where why am I going to put $2k+ into a motorcycle (plus insurance) that I will probably only ride occasionally, more for sport, less for commuting/practicality.

The Suzuki is fun to throw around the curves, but the VFR has a special fun-factor that I haven't had in a while, and can do the extended tours if needed.

Should I waste time trying to talk him down?

Nicer one on VFR WORLD Classified's and its located in Cali ..

Roll On ...

Archived