Hi guys, I have a 2002 VFR that has about 50k miles. Suspension is stock. I weigh 240lbs, and 6'2" tall. I dont know what is wrong with my front suspension because I can feel every single bump on the road. It just jolts the bike. and when I am cornering, if there is a small bump, the front wheel would jump over it instead of absorbing it. Do you guys have any ideas??

• Member Contributer

Time for a refresh. Check out www.Daughertymotorsports.com Jamie is a member here and a resident suspension guru. I've had both my VFRs suspensions reworked by him and I couldn't be happier.

• Member Contributer

13 years and 50k miles have worn your stuff out. Plus, you're much heavier than the stock springs were designed to accomodate. Lots of good options out there...I deal primarily with Penske shocks. I'm using a set of AK20's up front, but honestly, I wasn't aware of Jamie's cartridges until it was too late. I would have gladly saved some money and supported another small business had I known.

Another vote for Jamie at Daugherty Motorsports. The stock suspension has to be set to it's hardest setting to prevent MUSH then it suddenly hammmers yer ass!

Archived