Preping My Redverz Atacama Tent For X-Country Trip

mv577

I'll be taking the VFR cross country in July and have been gathering my gear, testing and prepping for months now...

The other day I had a chance to finally setup my Redverz Atacama Motorcycle Tent and see how the VFR fit...

The initial setup took me probably 20 minutes however I now that I know how I can probably cut that in half... The tent material is top notch as are the aluminum poles and stakes...

The tent is pricey and may not seem like a necessity to some however I love the idea of being able to put my bike out of sight at night and being able to load and unload under cover if raining...

The bike fits well however I found that the side bags rub the poles going in and then make it tight getting into the sleeping area... I will most likely remove them and throw them inside the tent before pulling the bike in...

All in all I love it!

post-585-0-35533500-1432621403.jpg

post-585-0-41654700-1432621410.jpg

post-585-0-31978100-1432621532.jpg

• Member Contributer

Looking forward to the pictures of you, the bike and the tent cross country!

• Member Contributer

I would be interested in your major pack list and a picture of your bike with everything loaded.

Over the years I have added more crap to my camp load. In addition everything I stuff on the bike is now bigger than in my earlier camp/VFR days over ten years ago. For example a 2 man (sure?) replaced with 4 man tent, bigger pad, no pillow followed by a small then bigger pillow and on an on! Do you ever camp on the bike with a smaller tent?

With regard to your tent please post up some reviews downstream. Are you planning to spend multiple nights at each camp site or setup and go for one nighters on your trek? I have read many positive reviews on advrider.com including some with much bigger bikes that also seem to fit well. Not sure I would put the bike there ..............more likely I would sit in a chair and drink in inclement weather.

Archived