Oem Parts In The Uk...?

cjb1019

• Member Contributer

Tough one. The UK doesn't do "discount" the way the US does! For older bikes, David Silver Spares is often good on pricing (better than retail, I mean), but Honda UK slammed them a few years ago for parallel importing Honda parts from outside the EU, so they officially no longer supply parts for newer (w/in last ten years) bikes. However, many of the parts on your bike carry part numbers from the old RC46 VTEC model, so those parts might be available through DSS.

I've never used Mick's Bike Parts, but you could try them if you know the part numbers. You can get part numbers from www.bike-parts.fr. Try Fowlers and Lings, too. Let us know how you get on.

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

Wemoto has a few oem parts but looks like they mainly stock aftermarket for the Vtec.

• Member Contributer

In addition to bike-parts.fr, you can also try CMS in NL and ZSF and KFM in Germany, but they're not going to be much cheaper once you factor in conversion to Euro and shipping to the UK. Sometimes the first two can get parts other dealers cannot. I've used all of them in the past, for various rare bits and bobs.

Ciao,

Thanks for the replies, guys.

After a bit of research, I think the best option is to buy from the US, 'cos even with shipping costs, I'm still looking at a cost saving of 50% vs UK or EU prices.

So, new question now: anyone with experience of good US Honda parts suppliers willing to share some website details with me?

The only problem I can think of with importing from outside the EU is customs related sh1t, namely, completely unknown taxation amounts...

• Member Contributer

What is it that your wanting to import?

Bear in mind you will have shipping and import duties to pay as well.

Well, I've been a bit naughty, as what I'm actually looking to buy right now is a pair of brake calipers for a 2010 fireblade. So technically, I'm stealing advice from the lovely people on this forum and not even applying the knowledge to anything VFR related (sorry!).

To make up for my deception, if someone does let me know a good place for parts in the US, I promise* to use them whenever I need parts for the VFR.

*Not guaranteed.

There are many parts stores, and for most of them there aren't enough reviews for me to consider the reviews to be reliable, so I was looking for a recommendation from someone.

Couple that with the fact that EVERY parts shop in the US seems to say it's the "best parts shop in the US"

• Member Contributer

Ron Ayres, Bike Bandit. What kind of reviews are you looking for? Personally I don't think your being realistic, but on saying that I don't know what if any research you have done. Most of the American shops do. Its an American thing.

Why not get a second hand set off ebay?

Archived