Nyack, New York, Looking Out Along Water To Tappan Zee Bridge

• Member Contributer

LOL.

I swear, tolls up there are such a rip-off. It costs something like $15 to cross the George Washington bridge. Ditto for the Joe Verrazano bridge. Tolls for the Throgs Neck and (I forget the name of the bridge to get to the Rockaways) seem cheap in comparison (they're like $8).

They try to get money off you every way they can. And don't even get me started on the exorbitant state and local income taxes up there.

LOL.

I swear, tolls up there are such a rip-off. It costs something like $15 to cross the George Washington bridge. Ditto for the Joe Verrazano bridge. Tolls for the Throgs Neck and (I forget the name of the bridge to get to the Rockaways) seem cheap in comparison (they're like $8).

They try to get money off you every way they can. And don't even get me started on the exorbitant state and local income taxes up there.

Don't get YOU started? -WE- have to deal with it because we LIVE here. :)

• Member Contributer

Vote Scottish Nationalist Party!!!

They did away will the tolls as soon as they came in power :-)

Remember when you had to pay both ways? You're getting twice as much for half the price! :)

As in so many ways: Grin and bear it.

Major transponder/billing issue here had accounts running in the thousands for 3, 4 bridge trips in a passenger car. Huge multiplying penalties after 30 days unpaid, with a threat you'll lose your license

• Member Contributer

Yeah, and right before they said you'd only have to pay going one way is when they came up with a plan to double the price. What a deal.

Seriously, it's been a while since I lived there (or spent a lot of time there) but I just couldn't get over how much the tolls were for roads, tunnels, bridges, etc. It's a major rip-off.

Archived