929 Shock Settings On Vfr

jaydj

I am wondering if the 929 shock is valved quite differently than a stock VFR shock -- w/my 929 shockI need to run nearly full soft in the compression circuit, and full hard on rebound for it to not bounce. Anyone else experience this?

• Member Contributer

I don't think there would be too many people that would install a stock 929 shock without revalving it.

Mine was lengthened, resprung and revalved and is excellent, don't run any settings at any extreme. Except the spring preload, minimum on my own, three clicks with wife, 5 clicks with wife and luggage.

• Member Contributer

+1 not running it "as-is". Even new shocks off the shelf should be tuned for your riding weight and riding type I.e. Touring, commuting or sport riding.

• Member Contributer

Ran my 929 shock for 2 years without revalving or respringing, and I never experienced any bouncing (or any other negative behavior). In fact I was fairly happy with the performance of the 929 unit compared with stock. My setup was as follows:

Rider Weight: 160 w/o gear

Preload: Position 3 from soft

Compression: 2.5 turns from stiff

Rebound: 2 turns out

Rear ride height was raised appx 27mm from stock. Front was dropped about 10mm from stock, running Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF for fluid (appx 10wt fork oil). I don't have my sag figures in front of me.

Archived