Day Ride April 18: Bay Area Roll Call

jeffyjeff

• Member Contributer

Jeff, quick question: Why that Starbucks? It's in the middle of Fairfield and not easy to get to...?

Here is a better Meeting place, either Peets or this Starbucks, both are right off the freeway.

Starbucks
3334 N Texas St
Fairfield, CA 94533
Peet's Coffee & Tea
1380 Holiday Ln
Fairfield, CA 94534

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Is that the one we met at for one of those rides up to Mosquito Ridge? I'm all for making the meeting location easy for everyone. It's not exactly like I know what I'm doing. Lines on the map, you know. Jeff J.

It's not exactly like I know what I'm doing. Lines on the map, you know.

Hahaha now you know how I feel. Herding cats.

The Peets on Holiday Lane is where we've traditionally met...not sure where you guys met up for Mosquito.

• Member Contributer

think you were there, Brian before we lost 1/2 the group

• Member Contributer

Just to complicate things further, I think that the route map Jeff posted to start this thread started at the 3334 N Texas Starbucks, not the 1600 N Texas in the text.

• Member Contributer

Since no one is sure, then let's start at this one...

Starbucks

3334 N Texas St
Fairfield, CA 94533
:goofy:
It's easy to get on and off the freeway...
And it's two blocks from my house...

• Member Contributer

Now we know the real reason you want to change the meeting location. At least I got the Texas part right. Ok Cats, let's meet at the Starbucks on Texas Street in Fairfield. Oh. That's what I said before. I mean 3334 N Texas St, Fairfield. Hope I can find it.

• Member Contributer

Look for a house with a bunch of bikes in the garage. The rest of us will hang at Starbucks.

What, I only have three now... If you don't count the mountain bikes... :wink:

Oh, BTW Mrs. Crazybro will be joining us on this one too... On her CBR :wheel:

Since no one is sure, then let's start at this one...

Starbucks

3334 N Texas St
Fairfield, CA 94533
:goofy:
It's easy to get on and off the freeway...
And it's two blocks from my house...

I could see that coming from a mile away lol.

• Member Contributer

Alright now. Well, despite no posts, heckling, or wisecracks for seven days, it looks like this ride is shaping up nicely.

Definitely IN
Jeff J.

Bayarearider

Brian F

TJ Clyde

St. Stephen

Crazybro

Missus Crazybro

jlpvfr

Pretty sure:

Doc4216

Pete on his FZ1

I'll PM everyone with my cell number, so you can let us know if you change your mind, your wife changes your mind, or you break down on the way (oh, wait, this is the VFR forum...never mind). We'll meet at Starbucks, 3334 N. Texas Street, Fairfield, 94533. Kickstands up at 0800. Lunch location up in the air. Brian and TJ will likely be at the front of the pack, so I suppose the rest of us will follow your lead.

Looking forward to a fun Saturday. You guys bring out the hooligan in me.

Later, Jeff J.

• Member Contributer

We'll be such model citizens so that she'll say "Oh George, those are such nice boys. You can go on all the rides you want."

We'll be such model citizens so that she'll say "Oh George, those are such nice boys. You can go on all the rides you want."

Speak for yourself lol. Oh wait I already made nice with the crazybro fam so I get a free pass.

Brian and TJ will likely be at the front of the pack, so I suppose the rest of us will follow your lead.

Now this is a concept I can get behind.

• Member Contributer

I'll be somewhere to shake off the CHP's... :goofy: She's ridden with me for 10 years, so she is used to riding with Hooligans. That's why she has her own bike :491:

• Member Contributer

Don't know if the guy with the Aprilia is coming or not. He's a friend of a friend.

But the friend just confirmed now, so it's possible.

Is the guy with the RSV1000R Factory coming?

If I so I want to follow him the whole time -- music.

I'm gonna run my Wings exhaust without the baffle for this ride. Your going to love the sound dude.

Tj

I'm gonna run my Wings exhaust without the baffle for this ride. Your going to love the sound dude.

Tj

That's what I'm talkin' bout. I haven't even seen your 1190 btw. Been too long man...last time I rode with you ya still had the Diavel. Talk about music...

Last minute, but I'm in. I'll meet you guys where Pleasant Vly Rd meets 128. I should be there by 8:30. You are still leaving Fairfield at 8a?

Rick

That's the plan.

See ya manyana.

Tj.

• Member Contributer

First group ride of 2015. TC and ECN you missed a good one. 400.0 miles, 12 hours 45 minutes door to door, not to mention a tasty lunch at the world famous Hamburger Ranch. Good to see everyone again. St. Stephen, nice to meet you and welcome. Hope you can join us again in the future, and hope we can do this on a more regular basis than last year. A few pix from the ride. The ill fated photo stop didn't come out as bad as I thought it would (after cropping the crap out of the pix).

Have fun on your two day ride up north. Wish I could join you. Jeff J.

post-20466-0-75314700-1429416856.jpg

post-20466-0-87472900-1429416922.jpg

post-20466-0-49462300-1429416949.jpg

post-20466-0-26937500-1429416976.jpg

post-20466-0-65840300-1429416999.jpg

post-20466-0-15753900-1429417036.jpg

Good to see everyone. Jeff sorry for hijacking your route.

Just to prove it was no fluke, Greg and I hit the coast for 100 miles of fog and I practically froze to death. Yee-haw.

And I went to Taco Bell in San Rafael. All's well that ends well?

Hope everyone made it home safely. Pics will be up before I go to Philly on Monday.

Archived