Anyone Installed Wilbers Rear Shock?

HzE

Hi!

I was just wondering if anyone has installed Wilbers rear shock with an external reservoir?

I ran into problems since I though that the shock was supposed to install so that the connection to the reservoir was facing towards rear. However the plastic casing of the battery is preventing installation this way but if I turn it 180 degrees the line needs to go around from the right side and it seems quite weird also:

post-17513-0-35366400-1425661128.jpg

Basically this might work but then - since the line is taking the long way around - I find really hard to find a decent position for the reservoir (Wilbers supplied a bracker where it's supposed to attach shown in the picture)

post-17513-0-31127800-1425661142.jpg

Also the angle how the line is attached to the reservoir prevents any sensible installation... Is it possible to change these or do I need to send it back to Wilbers in order to do this?

At least in another post the line seems to coming from the left side: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php/topic/76394-huggers-for-abs/#entry922499

• Member Contributer

Recently put one on mine with the reservoir. The remote goes on the right side of the bike. Will post some pictures tomorrow when i get to my workshop.

• 1 year later...
  • Member Contributer
On Saturday, March 07, 2015 at 4:29 AM, adeyren said:

Recently put one on mine with the reservoir. The remote goes on the right side of the bike. Will post some pictures tomorrow when i get to my workshop.

And theeeen lol

• Member Contributer

It does not matter, forward or backward, just make sure the line to the piggy stays clear from any exhaust pipework.

On my 4th gen, I routed it to the left in the beginning, years later to the right.

HPIM3869.jpg

herfst2_zps8c5c12e1.jpg

touched parts of a heatshield so got a pair of cutters and made way for the banjo bolt

HPIM3508.jpg

Archived