99 Vfr800 - Marks On My Engine Block..have You Seen These Before?

Rovari

• Member Contributer

I have the markings on my 99 as well.

I have resolved the problem...no more marks...just reflections...

I really appreciate all of your input.

Cheers :beer:

post-31404-0-30456600-1414808159.jpg

• Member Contributer

Mine also had similar marks on the top of the case in behind the shock. When I was swapping in my DMr replacement shock I noticed and scrubbed them off along with the road tar and other slime that had built up over the years.

• Member Contributer

Dry test is what you want to do first. Wet test is only to see what kind of ring leakge you have. If you do a wet test first then you wont know whats going on.

If the psi barely goes up when doing a wet test than the rings are doing their job. If it goes up a bunch then you have blow-by. Of course youre not going to have 100% sealage.

You can have lower compression and not burn oil. Just depends on how the rings settled in and if your valves are closing all the way.

• Member Contributer

The starter will give you the rpm if you remove all 4 plugs & put a compression tester in one !

Thank you Mohawk, that's great. I will be using a new fully charged battery so it should be fine.

Dry test is what you want to do first. Wet test is only to see what kind of ring leakge you have. If you do a wet test first then you wont know whats going on.

If the psi barely goes up when doing a wet test than the rings are doing their job. If it goes up a bunch then you have blow-by. Of course youre not going to have 100% sealage.

You can have lower compression and not burn oil. Just depends on how the rings settled in and if your valves are closing all the way.

Thank you Rangerscott, good point and good thing you mentioned it, now i will try both dry and wet..but dry first.

Archived