Lsl Bar Conversion Question Or Two...

rigger4343

Hey Guys,

Got my LSL handlebar conversion kit in today and I started installing it in-between homework with the kids tonight.

Couple of question....

First one; These bars are about 2" wider on each side. (or about 4" wider overall).

Are you guys leaving them wide or cutting them down to about the same width as stock?

Second question; The detent thingy on the throttle side that keeps the throttle from spinning on the stock bar. Are you guys drilling the bar for it or just removing it? If the throttle will stay in place with out twisting then I would rather remove it than drill a hole in the bar.

Thanks ahead of time!

You would probably leave the bars wider.

If they are tapered, you could not cut them, or nothing would fit when you slide things inwards.

If they are not tapered, then I suppose you could cut them. I would leave it and see how they are, and if you are bound and determined to cut them, do it after putting some miles on, so you can see how it works out.

And yes, I had to drill holes to locate the switchgear in my custom modified Ducati clipons that I rigged for my forks.

You could grind off the locating nub, but your switchgear might rotate if you do that. Not sure.

I used non-LSL bars and everything fit. Before you cut yours, make sure all of the stuff fits on the bars at the length you'd want (both sides).

I drilled holes rather than grind nubs. Plenty grind nubs and never have a problem that I've heard of.

• Member Contributer

i would suggest trying the bar in the supplied width first, then decide. I have the same converstion and like the wider bars, and I drilled the bar to accomidate the switch gear. Let us know what you think after some seat time.

Thanks guys. I had pretty much decided to leave them full width and ride them first. I really think the extra width will be just fine but I wanted to ask what you guys have done with yours.

My left switch gear has already had the locating tab broke off of that one due to my Canyon Dancer harness but the one on the throttle side is still in tact. It shouldn't be a problem to just measure out a spot and pop a little hole in the bar.

Hopefully I will have time to finish it up this weekend.

My 5th gen has the LSL bars. Were not cut shorter. Were installed by a local shop, so no details there.

Excellent mod, imho. :beer:

Archived