What To Look For On 1993 Vfr750F

SAW

• Member Contributer

I'm considering buying a '93 VFR750F with approximately 30,00 miles, nice shape, no drops/crashes. What, if any, problem items should I beware of? Seller is asking $1800.

Thanks.

• Member Contributer

A bargain pick it up! The main check would be the charging system, that is an easy fix, normal wear items, tires, chain, fluids......Enjoy

Gary

• Member Contributer

:1: If the plastic is pristine that's a good find. You can pretty much fix anything mechanical. Maybe check for rust in the fuel tank. Put up some photos when you get it home. Love the '93's - beautiful bikes.

I picked up my 93 several years ago for $2000 with about 19k on the odometer. Now she has about 45k, and runs strong. The one thing that got me right off the bat was rust in the gas tank. I cleaned it out, along with the carbs, did a sync and now she purrs. So, definitely check for rust in the tank. +1 to checking the tires. If she's being ridden then the fluids are probably good, but I'd double check anyway. Last thing I can think of was also said above, charging system (R/R) has had some issues on the 3rd gen. My $0.02, $1800 is a good price if the plastics are in good shape and it's running. If you need to sink $1k into her to get her back into shape, I'm sure there are plenty of other VFR's on CL. Good luck and post pics.

Archived