Looking For Specific Project

paladinreed

• Member Contributer

Hey fellas I'm looking for a specific fifth gen project I saw in progress almost a year ago. The owner was powdering/painting his bike in a million different colors on every conceivable part.

It was super crazy but really clean and almost pulled it off. I searched a ton but was having a pain of a time finding it.

Anyone know this build off the top of their head and can link me to it?

Thanks a million

PH

• Member Contributer

the Last one is my VFR , when I got it, it was pretty much like the pics above except the wheels were painted black. It also had approx 7-8K in engine work and they'd never even added oil to it(cams reground to HRC RC 30 race specs, ported and polished head, short skirted slipper pistons, lightened, balance and shot peened crank and rods, 2 bros race exhaust,back cut tranny, heavier duty clutch,520 did roadrace chain, etc, etc) and was set up to run a full loss w/ no rotor, stator, starter (roller starter). I had to do away w/ the undertail exhaust to have room for the battery , reg/rec, computor, fuel pump etc and I installed a rotor and stator, starter, wiring harness, vapor guage and bar end mirrors and a license plate. It was built to run AFM and AMA open superbike, but by time they finished w/ the build and the engine , the rules were changed to allow 1000cc multi's and so they pushed it aside and built a CBR 929 or 954 as their racer in that the VFR RR wouldn't be competitive under the new rules, but it make an awesome Icehouse - Wentworth - backroad weapon and is plenty fast for an old fart like me. So far I've gone thru 2 sets of Pilot Power 2ct's and it now has a set of Pilot Power 3's on it. I'm planning on have the Fox Racing shock rebuilt by Dave Moss this winter ( catalyist suspension helped me set up the suspension)

Archived