I Think I've Found Out Why My Battery Isn't Charging

Rich

That'll certainly cause electrical mayhem. Could you share how many miles are on it?

About 37k. I'm the second owner so I don't know if it's the original. I got it at 15k.

Everything came apart easy enough, but I'm having trouble loosening that allen bolt that holds the wires down in the cover. That sob is really tight. If I strip it out I'll probably have to get another cover, I guess. Helpful hints encouraged :tour:

• Member Contributer

I've been noticing my voltage meter dropping a point every few days even though I have been commuting 3 or 4 days per week. A month ago it was at 12.8 with everything off. Finally today when I went to work it showed 12.2. When I hit the starter, it stumbled and reset the clock/trip meter. It started right up on the second try and then started again after work after showing 12.5 this afternoon and held the clock/trip values. I just installed a new battery because I don't want to be bump starting this thing next week. I've had the bike 2 years and have no idea how long this battery has been in the bike. (2007 model). Hoping that it was just time for a battery and nothing more.Batteries+ had me out the door for $82 after a 10% off coupon.

Archived