Recommended Brake Rebuild Kit?

Dustin

• Member Contributer

My 6th gen needs a brake overhaul and I'm wondering if there's a recommended caliper rebuild kit rather than sourcing OEM seals and such

• Member Contributer

Master cylinder kit? Caliper rebuild kit with new pistons and seals? Slave cylinder kit? Just new seals for a caliper rebuild?

You could probably buy all the parts separately but it's easier, if not cheaper, to buy the complete kit/s from one of the online suppliers. Sourcing all the parts would be a real PIA.

I usually use http://www.partzilla.com/

• Member Contributer

Yeah, sorry, I wasn't specific enough. I left out the caliper part. Edited!

I'd like a complete caliper kit, without pistons maybe. All boots, seals and snap rings or whatever's necessary

Partzilla has nothing besides a master cylinder rebuild

• Member Contributer

So by just ordering seals and pads and utilising the existing pistons, this is what I've put together for just the front

06451-GE2-405 SEAL SET, PISTON x5 $5.99

06451-MZ2-405 SEAL SET, PISTON x1 $6.59

06455-MCC-006 PAD SET, FR. x1 $34.55

06456-MCC-006 PAD SET, FR. x1 $34.55

SUBTOTAL: $105.6

• Member Contributer

JMO of course, but if I wasn't leaking brake fluid I wouldn't replace piston seals. I'd push the pistons out far enough to clean them and that's it. There's no real need unless they're leaking, unless you're just looking for things to do.

• Member Contributer

JMO of course, but if I wasn't leaking brake fluid I wouldn't replace piston seals. I'd push the pistons out far enough to clean them and that's it. There's no real need unless they're leaking, unless you're just looking for things to do.

Thank you, maybe I'll just do that.

I just cleaned the brake disc bobbins, they were all seized; maybe that will help with the feel

• 8 months later...

I searched for the closest thing to my issue and this thread is it, so I have to bring it back from the Abyss. My question, 1: How can I get the caliper separated from the 2nd/slave master cylinder bracket ? Because, The fiche (http://www.hondapartshouse.com/oemparts/a/hon/5053f574f870021c54be7ab7/left-front-brake-caliper), shows part 14 (The gray spot in the upper right of the picture) as a boot and I dont know how to access it. The other boot I need to replace, #13 (The one in the center of the picture), keeps the caliper from pivoting. But I cant do that unless i separate the master cylinder bracket from the caliper. Im going to need all of these little rubber parts, 76,000, but instead of pulling the pistons I guess I will just Scotch-Brite them in place...

post-24126-0-69452400-1431148609.jpg

Archived