Looking For A Waterproof Cover

afpierce489

So, I recently moved and now I do not have a garage for my bike. Right now I'm keeping the bike at a friends house in his garage, but that's a big PIA every time I'd like to ride. I'm looking for a waterproof cover that will be used on a daily basis throughout the New England riding season. Most likely I will find a garage / storage unit to put her in for the winter, so I'm not that concerned about snow. I've heard good things about several different companies, but I've also heard the bad. Any suggestions from the gallery with real life stories (good and bad) would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

• Member Contributer

I have a Dowco Guardian for large cruisers and it's been on three or four different bikes, spent two winters outside and it still sheds water, has a lttle covered flap to let it breath. You could always hit anything you buy with Scotchgard as well for insurance.

• Member Contributer

I have always used the cheap covers from eBay with good results for the following reasons... I would not want ,"waterproof" key is breathable material as to not trap the moisture in. Material gets wet then dries. After two seasons then usually done.

• Member Contributer

Certainly the most expensive waterproof cover you could possibly find is made by CoverCraft: the Pack Light WeatherShield. CoverCraft makes "high-end" car covers and I had been quite impressed with their cover on my wife's MINI, so I bought a cover for my ST1300. The covers feel like they're made from ordinary, thin nylon, so can be bundled up into a very small stuff sack, but they can be tossed into the washer (and dryer) to be cleaned when they get dirty--and they still bead water right off years later. Amazing. But, of course, you could buy five cheap covers for the price of one Pack Light...

Ciao,

Archived