Ecu Flashing In Uk

elfreako

Hi All,

Does anyone know someone that does ECU flashing within the UK? I know Ghul has been quite successful in the US, but I'm a bit reluctant to send mine internationally.

I'd consider close EU countries that can do it too.

• Member Contributer

Don't do it, Don Guhl is the only one that can do it, the rest is rubbish and fake.

And sending your ECU to the USA takes only 2 to 3 days with Express Packaging, well from Belgium.

For your information, a flasher in The Netherlands has killed 2 ECU's....so much for domestic flashing.

Mine is going to Don tomorrow, I hove to have it back next week.

Don't do it, Don Guhl is the only one that can do it, the rest is rubbish and fake.

And sending your ECU to the USA takes only 2 to 3 days with Express Packaging, well from Belgium.

For your information, a flasher in The Netherlands has killed 2 ECU's....so much for domestic flashing.

Mine is going to Don tomorrow, I hove to have it back next week.

+ 1 on that. I tried repeatedly to find a ECU Unleashed vendor in the states last year before determining they are total BS and hearing about the fiasco in the Netherlands. Don Guhl was not offering a VFR 1200 re-flash but he agreed to look into it when I contacted him through my connection with Brock Davidson here in the US. Don re-flashed my ECU as one of the first he did and it is back with him now to add several features he has added since the initial re-flashes. Don has done motorcycle ECU re-flashes for customers all over the world so it is no problem. Don has already done several VFR 1200 re-flashes from England.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the response I received from him last week:

We have spent the last year reverse engineering the Honda flashing protocol and I believe that we are the only aftermarket company that can reflash the Honda motorcycle ECUs through the front connector without cutting or drilling into the ECU.

The standard 2010-14 VFR1200 (standard transmission and automatic transmission models) derestriction includes:

Removing the top speed limiter

Derestricting the throttle-by-wire for full power in all gears

Installing a custom ignition map for full power in all gears

Lowering fan operating temp for more efficient operation

Options include:

Raising the rev limit. We are not an engine builder, so we are not able to offer rev limiter advice. I can tell you that most people do raise the rev limit 500 rpm. Speak to an engine builder for advice.

Disable the exhaust servo motor so it can be removed without any FI error codes.

We are able to import Power Commander maps directly into the ECU so additional fuel controllers are not required. If there is a Power Commander map available for your configuration, we can use it.

We will be doing further development regarding ignition mapping and throttle-by-wire mapping to optimize performance as we dyno additional configurations.

The cost is $375 and that includes standard overnight return shipping to the continental US. International shipping is available at additional cost and the customer is to pay all duties/taxes.

The in-house turnaround time is normally 1 day.

To get this done, box up your ECU with a note with your name, phone number, return shipping address, and email.

Ship it to:

4126 Oregon Pike

Ephrata, PA 17522

We will give you a call to discuss how you want your ECU flashed and get your payment information. We accept Visa, M/C, or Discover. You can also send a money order along with the ECU, if you wish.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Don Guhl

Guhl Motors

717-618-4212

www.guhlmotors.com

• Member Contributer

He is on holiday, it states on his website.

Also, use a gmail account to mail him, as it happened to me his messages where dropped by a stupid spam-filter.

But Don Guhl currently seems to not be responding to email. At least, no response to either of mine. :mad:

Stop bashing Don for no good reason. My ECU arrived at his shop today, but as he's on holiday I do expect his call till after the 22nd.

He is on holiday, it states on his website.

Stop bashing Don for no good reason. My ECU arrived at his shop today, but as he's on holiday I do expect his call till after the 22nd.

Well I would hardly call my comments 'bashing' and in any case they were certainly made with good reason. I first emailed him in April. Has he been on holiday for 5 months? I think not.

I'm not trying to besmirch Don Guhl in any way. It sounds like he does some awesome work and I want to make use of it. But I would like him to respond to emails. A not unreasonable desire I thought.

Archived