2006 Cbr 1K Front End Swap

mcrwt644

Question

I found a smokin deal on a front end, aka 150 (forks, calipers, mc, triples, clip ons), but there's a catch, of course. No front rim. who has done a swap like this? I know, there are a ton of guys that have, my q is what front rim will work? Does anyone have a front rim they would be willing to part with? If I can't find a rim in relatively short order, I'm going to pass on the front end and I think that's almost criminal

4 answers to this question

The 1000 forks are about the shortest USD forks around and I haven't heard of anyone using them for a VFR conversion. Geometry and ground clearance could be issues.

The 929/954 forks are a bit longer and have been used ok, the next longest in terms of common usage are R1 forks, and the VTR-SP1 (RC51) forks are the longest and closest in length to VFR forks.

Frankenviffer MKII CBR

CBR1000RR forks on a 6th gen so will work on a 4th gen you just have to use 929/954 triple clamps for the lower top clamp gullwing mounting point & use clipons like convertibars as have to be mounted under top clamp. Wheel wise you can use the CBR wheel but is 3 spoke so not a good match or modify a RC51 front wheel to fit. The 06 forks means standard CBR axle spacers are all you need no custom spacers as those forks use same spacing as the 929/954 clamps (the CBR1000 clamps use 5mm less offset which is a bit much for trail setting).

Archived