Spare Helmet In A Top Rack Box ?

vfr350

• Member Contributer

Anyone carry a helmet in a topcase while riding? If so how'd you keep it from bouncing and getting marred? Any nifty adhesive pouches to put your phone in or a way to secure it in the case as well?

• Member Contributer

Yeah if thats cushioned lined its a start, thanks. Now how to keep it from bouncing. Thought of a web bunging but rather not drill holes thru the case for anchors. The one downside to the Givi, few interior point to attach would be nice.

• Member Contributer

I've carried a second helmet in my trunk with no issues. I do usually put an old towel in the bottom just to give it a bit of padding vs. bouncing on a hard surface. As far as my phone goes, I've always wanted my phone on my body. If I get tossed in a ditch, over an embankment, or off the side of a mountain, I want my phone NOW! - not after I'm able to crawl back up to a roadway and find my bike. I'm so OCD about this that my phone ALWAYS goes in the same jacket pocket so I don't have to think about where I put it this time while little stars are swirling around my head.

• Member Contributer

I have a GIVI E55 and it will fit two helmets side by side, but for traveling with one inside the case, I have a piece of 1/4 foam that covers the entire bottom of the case, I use a helmet bag and the case also has a strap that goes over the top of the helmet keeping it from jostling around.

• Member Contributer

I have some old diapers, the real cloth ones with reinforced center. They work great for this and double as a polishing rag or face shield cleaner. And all the Givi trunks I have seen have a foam piece in the bottom, but it is not permanently fixed.

Archived