Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ljmellor

Brake Piston Seals - 1999 Model

I recently ordered a full set of brake seals from M&P via fleabay, when they landed I was greeted with 6 seals and 6 dust seals, as far as I'm aware there are 9 pistons in total, does anyone have any idea what part numbers I should've received as my complaint about not getting enough parts has led them to ask me which part numbers I need. Not being a bike parts supplier (like M&P it seems) I am not sure, much googling has turned up nothing.

I want to fit my new goodridge hoses but it would make sense to do the seals at the same time...

I remember going through the fiche when I did mine, and after double & triple checking still ended up with the wrong count. You are right there are 9 pistons, but they are different sizes. It's been a while, but I think I ordered too many of one size, and not enough of the other.

A little investigating on a parts site with a good fiche will likely turn up which ones you need. The part #s should be on the bags you have.

The fiche on http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/oem-schematic/5 shows the bore sizes of the pistons when you mouse over 'em.

i think you have received only the front seals. try...

Rear

06431-MA3-405 x 1 - Rear Center - HONDA CODE 4124277

06451-MZ2-405 x 2 - Rear outer - HONDA CODE 4179362

Front

06431-MA3-405 x 1 - Front - HONDA CODE 4124277

06451-GE2-405 x 2 - Front - Honda Code 4102174

06451-MZ2-405 x 3 - Front Center/outer- HONDA CODE 4179362

This is for my 1998 ...i am assuming it should be same.

I think you may be right as I did get 3 of one, 2 of another and one of another. Getting sick of their useless customer support, can anyone recommend a good place to buy them from quickly and reliably in the UK? I'm going to send these back for refund as for allI know I could have seals for a sherman tank based upon their reluctance to admit what they advertised compared to what they sent out.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy.