Side Case Lid Removal.

tigger390

Following a tour through France and Spain I have managed to scratch one of my oem side case lids and am looking at getting it resprayed. Does anyone know how to get the hinge pins out as the are only visible from one side. Am I going to have to drill a small hole at the other end in order to punch the pin out are am I missing something?

Thanks.

Nigel

Cheers for that. I am still looking at it to see if I can see another way. Is the pin the same diameter over its whole length? So assuming I drill a hole smaller that the other end, it can't pass all the way through.

• Member Contributer

The pin is the same diameter over its length. I actually used a dremel to open up the closed end. The pin is a tight fit, so you don't have to worry about it falling out.

Cheers for the replies and the advice. I will probably use a handbrace or failing that a dremmel as the chuck on my drills is too big.

I removed mine after dropping my bike and getting deep gouges in one lid. It was so much easier to just handle the lid. I ended up doing both lids. Worked out mighty fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived