2007 Vfr800 Delkevic

JMS

• Member Contributer

Had an issue with my fender eliminator. Would not quite fit. Had to make some on the fly modifications. Any adice on remedies would be helpful. However, am totally pleased with the new exhaust.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have a solution for the fit issue, but can you tell me which of the Delkevic setups that is and do they look too short compared to stock?

I am looking at a Delkevic setup or a 2-Brothers used. I am hesitant to go to a one muffler setup... purely esthetic on my part, and if the 2-Brothers works better than the Delkevic I may be swayed...

• 2 weeks later...

I am only speculating here and stating some conjecture based on what I've read, but for the price of the TBR v Delkevic, I think the former is throwing away money.

Look up my content in my profile, I talked with Delkevic and they have a full header and carbon pipes for less than the carbon slip ons from TBR.

Delkevic is getting great reviews here.

My tiff with Delkevic is that their exhaust looks weird with the lines of the tail. I emailed them, and asked if they could make the slip-on with the tri-ovals, and they said their tri-ovals are too long and would stick out the back, but they would custom order me one with the tri-ovals if I wanted.

I hoped someone would have tried it before, but I can't find anything online. Probably would have to chop the tri-ovals to make them look right, which would unsettle most people after just purchasing.

Anyway, they sound fabulouuuuuuuuuuuuuuus.

I've been VERY impressed with both the quality & the SOUND of the Delkevic systems I've heard on VFRs. Don't know how they do it for the $$$.

VFR-Detroit

After three years of no exhaust i just added the delkevic, i just wanted exhaust for the sound recording i needed in video and this deliver. For the money its worth it, if mechanically challeneged guy like me can install it myself with ease that means it is well measured and built. With baffles on, good deep sound (without baffles ..gaaawd)
My only worry is wthr it will work with honda panniers :( i removed mine as of now, will try to put it back later, looked like tight fit.

• 3 weeks later...

they should make the lil ss/ds 90mm mufflers with a straight outlet for that system. the tilted exit of the muffler looks goofy.... lol

that bit always kinda just rubs me the wrong way. ^_^ it's just me though

• 1 month later...

ALSO, on the topic of getting a trioval to fit, ever notice how much Y pipe sticks out of the tail, before it ever gets to the muffler?

one might could take a cutoff wheel, and shorten both the midpipe and muffler ends of the connector? maybe get the muffler to mate somewhere before the tail fairing ends?

Archived