New Vfr Suspension Question

Guest Phantomx2K

It may be getting brought back on Monday. the front suspension on this thing is just awful. I recall there was a 3 day 100 mile clause that allows you to return it if your unhappy. Anyone heard of that or done that? Since you can't test ride them first if you hate it what can you do?

I want the deluxe for sure for $1k more you get fully adjustable suspension, heated grips, ABS, traction control and a center stand. I've never known Honda to do that with the VFR's, offer two different models so i never even thought to ask. Of course I may be screwed now that it's purchased and can't do anything.

It was in impulse buy and now I may be hosed...

I live in Australia, so I find it very interesting that 2 different models are being offered abroad. Here in Oz, we only have the single model, which seems to be the Deluxe model everywhere else.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The standard model is a US offering, but in my opinion not worth getting. For the $1000 more on the Deluxe you get alot added, and it would cost you alot more to buy most of the parts to add later.

• Member Contributer

The standard model is a US offering, but in my opinion not worth getting. For the $1000 more on the Deluxe you get alot added, and it would cost you alot more to buy most of the parts to add later.

you DONT buy the "deluxe" crap later

you buy real forks from a cbr :wacko:

Dont forget about the anti-lock brakes, traction control, heated grips, center stand, remote preload and fully adjustable rear, self canceling turn signals (once you get used to how they work they are a nice feature). None of that comes on the standard model.

Theres nothing wrong with the forks on the Deluxe, I like them, and the bike handles great. In fact the only complaints Ive seen about the forks from anyone who has a 2014 VFR800 had to do with a standard model being too stiff, and no adjustments.

Recently Ive started to do some adjusting to the suspension and it rides over rough choppy bumps much nicer (mostly the rear needed adjusted a bit softer), Im also not done adjusting yet.

So far Ive got about 3300 miles on mine already.

Mine is well dialed in and I cannot, at this time, find any fault with the front forks. The Michelin PR4's made the biggest difference. Practically night and day vs the OEM tires, in terms of compliance. Grip is tremendous as well, with considerably more reserve.

It's telling, to me, that I have yet to touch a peg feeler on the same roads that had me grinding the feelers off completely on my 03, at similar or higher pace (going by helmet cam here, not just memory). When your helmet cam has GPS, and you compare speeds and lines on familiar twisties, that's a reasonable way to compare.

Archived