MorganR715

• Member Contributer

I don't argue with people on the internet about tires. No one rides the same as anyone else and all of us have bad riding habits.

(Whether we admit them or not... It is just internet fodder.)

If I get 1500 miles out of a set of tires, I am the happiest guy alive.

If I can squeeze out 2000 miles on a set, I am just giddy.

So I don't feel your pain.

+1 rarely get 2000 miles ..

• Member Contributer

gr8vfr, I'm not arguing about the cause. I'm just saying the same rider (ME) on the same bike has had drastically different result from a wide variety of tires. Being "ham fisted on the straights and hammering the brakes in the corners" doesn't make any sense on why my Dunlops cupped so horribly yet I had great results from other manufacturers.

Plus this thread is about commuting, not track days or crazy-go-nuts, knee draggin, canyon carvin weekend mileage stats.

The Contimotions have already proven themselves for my commuting needs for the price. Not saying there isn't better, but for the price, hard to beat.

If your paying 170.00-200.00 per set for tires which will get you 3K miles commuting,

why not pay 250.00 for tires which will get you 6K+ miles?

Try the Roadsmart 2.

I have a friend who gets 11K miles on a Busa out of PR2s.

That is about five months of riding for him.

He has almost 100K trouble free miles on the Busa.

As for mileage on the Contimotions, on my Y2K which is my 2up bike, I was able to get 1331 out of the tires.

I do not ride extreme on it. This is what it looked like when I pulled it yesterday.

contimotion.jpg

Bridgestone 023s are very hard to beat for all around street use. Have not tried the 030s, just because they are newer does not make them better.

The 020 was a good tire, but the 021s really sucked in my experience.

Archived