Just Got The Call

OutlawsJustice

• Member Contributer

As some of you (Who know me) know I am up in the North, as far North as you can go and not cross into Canada. And some of you know me as the Instructor for various riding programs, from basic to Advanced.

Well before my most recent trip to Teach in Kentucky and Tenessee I had been exchanging e-mails with the Managers of a new race track. They were looking for coaches. I am no racer and dont claim to be, a friend forwarded me an e-mail and told me I should call them, So after a few e-mails today they called me. They checked out my resume and want me to coach the Novice group at the track every week. They are looking to do it right, with classroom sessions, that will help the riders both on and off the track. They things they will need at the track. I already have material for just such sessions, ranging from Vision, throttle and brake control to line selection and body position.

Not sure yet what I will do, but I did tell them I wanted to meet in person at the track this week to discuss this in person, get the lay of the land and work out the details before I said yes.

Lets see what happens now!

• Member Contributer

Hope the package is complete and to your liking!!! :beer:

so you are from Sumas, Washington, 49°00′08.6″N 122°15′40″W

• Member Contributer

Hope the package is complete and to your liking!!! :beer:

so you are from Sumas, Washington, 49°00′08.6″N 122°15′40″W

Wrong Coast! New York, LOL

It is only a weekend gig, and I would have to give up a lot of my other teaching gigs, keep just enough to keep it fresh. Of course being in the North then means I could still teach other stuff in the off months in the southern regions as I do now.

• Member Contributer

Yes, NYST, it is the closest track to me, but even then it is between 3 and 4 hours each way for me. And I would have to give up many of the other classes I teach at least for the heart of the season, but in the end it would benefit a lot of riders, and give me a chance to work at an even higher level than I do now.

• Member Contributer

I hope it comes together and you are able to continue to positively impact the riding skills/enjoyment of an even larger group of people!

Archived