Short Rides

I've not had my 1200 long and due to work and house renovations haven't had time for anything more than short rides so far. That'll be put right soon but just thought in the mean time I'd share my thoughts on just how awesome the big Viffer is. I can't wait to get out on tour the thing just soaks up the miles and is a joy to ride. I was out for a 100 miler on a recent mild but damp English October day recently and was reminded again just how great it is to be a biker, there's just nothing like heading off on your bike for some high speed R&R.

Anyway, thought I'd share a pic, I stopped for a moments reflection by this WWII memorial to American fighter and reconnaissance crews that flew out of what was an airfield near Steeple Morden, a village near my home in North Hertfordshire. Remembrance Sunday is approaching and I thought some of you might like to see a picture of the memorial. Very sobering to see these particularly at this time of year and reminds me why I wear my poppy with pride.

post-27843-0-54040200-1383320816.jpg

Glad you're getting some riding in.

I have a question about riding the back roads(the ones with the "double-bends"). In the late 60's to early 70's I was over there(mid-lands) and the speed was a max of 70 unless posted, is it still the same?

• Member Contributer

Sometimes short impromptu rides are the most fun. Would love to see pictures/video of the English country side. The last time I was there was in 2001, got to spend a few days with my cousins up in the Midlands area (Burton-Upon-Trent) we went on a few country roads, but we were in a car.

Glad you're getting some riding in.

I have a question about riding the back roads(the ones with the "double-bends"). In the late 60's to early 70's I was ovepolicemen(mid-lands) and the speed was a max of 70 unless posted, is it still the same?

All single carriageways (two lanes of opposing traffic or country lane type roads) have 60mph limit unless posted and dual carriageways 70mph. 70mph is the maximum legal speed. But as there's only about 4 traffic policemen in the whole Country this isn't really a problem.

I've not had my 1200 long and due to work and house renovations haven't had time for anything more than short rides so far. That'll be put right soon but just thought in the mean time I'd share my thoughts on just how awesome the big Viffer is. I can't wait to get out on tour the thing just soaks up the miles and is a joy to ride. I was out for a 100 miler on a recent mild but damp English October day recently and was reminded again just how great it is to be a biker, there's just nothing like heading off on your bike for some high speed R&R.

Anyway, thought I'd share a pic, I stopped for a moments reflection by this WWII memorial to American fighter and reconnaissance crews that flew out of what was an airfield near Steeple Morden, a village near my home in North Hertfordshire. Remembrance Sunday is approaching and I thought some of you might like to see a picture of the memorial. Very sobering to see these particularly at this time of year and reminds me why I wear my poppy with pride.

yes sir !!

Archived