Best Tires Now

Bent

• Member Contributer

I've been out of riding for about 3 years now and, when I left, PR-2's with a Pilot Road front to be about the best combination for wear and handling. Anything changed or improved over that. I know everyone has an opinion but just curious if anything's changed.

• Member Contributer

I think you meant Pilot Power front, but yes, it's pretty much the same. But now there are two new versions of each tire out. The Pilot Power 3 and the Piolt Road 3. I went with the PP3/PR2 combo myself and found that it worked very well as far as handling but mileage is yet to be determined. Hopefully the 2CT compound used in the PP3 front tire will hold up as long as the PR2 tire I had. I got 10K + out of both front and rear tires, but most of it was commuter miles. I'm running the PP3 f/r on my '01 and love the way the feel, figured I used the PP3 on the front of my '09 and try a twist on the favorite combo of choice.

• Member Contributer

I think you meant Pilot Power front, but yes, it's pretty much the same. But now there are two new versions of each tire out. The Pilot Power 3 and the Piolt Road 3. I went with the PP3/PR2 combo myself and found that it worked very well as far as handling but mileage is yet to be determined. Hopefully the 2CT compound used in the PP3 front tire will hold up as long as the PR2 tire I had. I got 10K + out of both front and rear tires, but most of it was commuter miles. I'm running the PP3 f/r on my '01 and love the way the feel, figured I used the PP3 on the front of my '09 and try a twist on the favorite combo of choice.

I did mean Pilot Power. Thank you for correcting me and for the information!

Bent ; )

• Member Contributer

After doing the pp/pr2 combo last time, I slapped on some Pirelli Angel gt on before my ongoing trip to the Cabot Trail. So far I really really like them. Great handling and the bike feels like it is on rails even loaded up with luggage.

Look for kebrider's review of them for more details but I would highly recommend them.

Archived