Drag Racing

Hi all. Took the old girl ('93) out for a few runs on the drag strip at a local event. I'm only 17 so I'm new to riding and I'm wondering how I did. I beat a shitty rider on a Vmax and someone decent on a Ducati Monster. My best time was 12.89 seconds at 106 Mph. I was launching around 5K RPM and was keeping the front end on the ground. Anyone have anything to compare with?

go buy some lowering straps for the forks, show up with an empty tank, drop the rear tire pressure to 25psi and push harder.

you may want to get some heavy clutch springs.

Hi all. Took the old girl ('93) out for a few runs on the drag strip at a local event. I'm only 17 so I'm new to riding and I'm wondering how I did. I beat a shitty rider on a Vmax and someone decent on a Ducati Monster. My best time was 12.89 seconds at 106 Mph. I was launching around 5K RPM and was keeping the front end on the ground. Anyone have anything to compare with?

That was funny to read... you are new to riding, but you call the Vmax rider.... shitty? lol!

But on a related note... not sure what good times are, since it is all based on rider and bike.

• Member Contributer

I'm at a personal best of a 10.85 at 125 at the moment.

Shooting for mid tens this weekend :)

2007 vfr800 with some bolt ons

In the overall scheme of things, That's very quick. Think of how much $ it would take to get a cage to go that fast. My uncle, who raced NHRA in the 70's and 80's, said this when asked how much it cost to build a nationally competitive car: "Just fill the car with $100 dollar bills until the doors won't close."

That was funny to read... you are new to riding, but you call the Vmax rider.... shitty? lol!

But on a related note... not sure what good times are, since it is all based on rider and bike.

Stalling on the line, running bad times, etc. maybe not a shitty rider, just a shitty drag racer

Archived