Looking For A Vintage, Very Elusive Part

Guest Thecurseofcali510

Guest Thecurseofcali510

So i bought a 1986 viffer off my grandfather a few years back, cherry as heck. Ive spent the last 3 years getting new parts for her after my father left her out in the rain and sun (believe me, i know how blasphemous that is). I've got her back up and running, finally! Now the biggest challenge has been finding a seat lock bracket, because the pin is all lipped over and wont hold the seat down. Anyone know where i might be able to order one of those things? I've tried craigslist, ebay, amazon, and numerous old bike sites, but this has trully been a unicorn hunt. If anyone has one for sale, or knows where i might be able to find one, Blanca and I would be very appreciative!

• Member Contributer

That might be a part you get a small machine shop to make.

Does servicehonda have the individual part listed or an assembly with that part?

• Member Contributer

Try checking with Western Hills Honda in Cincinnatti. Terry in the vintage parts department may be able to help. Also, if you have a part number, any Honda dealer can do a nationwide search in a matter of seconds to see if anyone might have one. It's worked for me on a couple of hard to find parts. Best of luck!

• Member Contributer

Its possible the part is the same on other years or models. Maybe post a pic of the part to see if someone can ID it on a different year.

This is all I could come up with from the cross reference book.

77160-ML7-010 BRACKET, SEAT LOCK

spacer.gif

Not Available

Overview

77160-ML7-010 BRACKET, SEAT LOCK

This Honda 77160-ML7-010 BRACKET, SEAT LOCK is used on these models and components:

1986 VFR750F A SEAT + REAR COWL

1986 VFR750F AC SEAT + REAR COWL

I have a listing for a new one in Australia, also for used part number 77160-ML7-700.

I have no idea what the dealer would want for them if they still have them. Postage will be maybe $10 from Australia to US.

Archived