Internal Plumbing For 750F Fuel Tanks

CBVFRbikeboy

• Member Contributer

Does anyone know what the internal fuel line plumbing looks like in these tanks? I know the fuel feed to the pump exits at the rear, but what about the reserve circuit, or even the main feed to the tap? I'm asking because I'm thinking of putting a linning in my tank, but I don't want to clog any fuel lines when I swirl it around? Not sure if there's a filter in the system somewhere? I could shoot some compressed air in via the petcock recess, but if there's a filter there I don't think will survive.

cheers

an

• Member Contributer

does this link help?

Not really. It doesn't show me how the 'inside' of the petcock fitting is plumbed :-(

• Member Contributer

When I did mine, I just put some compressed air to the metal fuel line and alternated ON and RES with the petcock, a few minutes on each for a few cycles. The stuff I used sets up quickly so I didn't have to sit with it for long. It doesn't drip either so the odds of it dripping down onto one of the internal tube openings was slim, the air was just cheap insurance. Obviously don't use Kreeme, that stuff is horrible. I've yet to find a better product than the one below for sealing tanks. It actually likes to have a little rust inside to bite into so you don't have to go crazy with getting all the rust out. I like to do 2 applications, one for the bottom half and one for the top half. Seems I can get a more precise covering that way.

Don't know what's available in Aus but this is what I use.

http://www.caswellplating.com/restoration-aids/epoxy-gas-tank-sealer.html

I'm doing another 750 tank and it's on the way. I can get you some pics of the inside if you don't need it right away.

• Member Contributer

I'm doing another 750 tank and it's on the way. I can get you some pics of the inside if you don't need it right away.

Thanks Kel. They have a distributor here, so I've shot them an email. Pics would be useful when you get a chance.

cheers

ian

Archived