Solution For Seat Latch Operation When Taking Passenger Pegs Off....

Beck

As I noted before, I'll post a pic of how I used a small mountain bike brake lever to operate the seat latch on my 4th gen after I removed the passenger pegs from the bike.... Here it is for everyone's reference, in case some here wants to try the same solution on their VFRs..........

Seatlatchlever_zpsa60ec2a1.jpg

As it happened, there was already a hole on the seat subframe gusset plate where I bolted the lever to. I can easily reach under the tail fairing on the left side of the bike to push on the lever to release the seat latch...

I can explain what is on the pic in more detail if need be...

Beck

95 VFR

Campo or Shima???

;-)

Not "Campy" (as we cyclists say here in the US) Or Shimano.

Just some unknown Taiwanese brand lever I found at a local bike shop, that was very reasonably priced IOWs, "Cheap".. Just made sure that it's the smallest I can find and it had a nice bolt hole at it's handlebar clamp area that I can use to bolt it on to the space on the subframe gusset plate, between the fuel pump and the bike's black box....... The cable and cable end of the latching mechanism went on to the lever perfectly (make sure the lever cable end anchorage matches what is on the end of the latch cable as brake cable ends come in different shapes on bikes), and I have a bonus of a cable adjustment mechanism on the lever if I want to adjust the required throw of the lever to unlatch the saddle.

It's been working nicely and staying on the bike for about five years now....

Beck

95 VFR

Edited by Beck