So I Got The 2013...

fotodadi

• Member Contributer

@Volfy

On projectors.

Following our discuss, my eyes have been on the look out for projectors on bikes. Quite a few about. The Ducatis tend to sport them as stock on low and high beams as does the current R1. The Hayabusa actually have the projector on the high beam! Blowing my earlier theory out of the water.

Well, to see what's what, I have decided to give it a try...put the projector on the beam side of the headlamp. So that's my project for tomorrow and I will give us the story of how it went later this week. I will also be using a much smaller "shorter" projector which tends to offers a different light "spread". We will see. :idea3:

fotodadi, yes, do keep us posted on your results. I've been working on my other bikes and haven't gotten back on the VFR. Besides, having just re-assembled my VFR1200's whole front bodywork after the last round of farkle installs, I'm not exactly looking forward to ripping it all off again.

One other reason I prefer to install the projector on the high-beam is that I prefer to keep the low beam's large reflector for visibility (for other drivers to see my bike). That is at least as important as, if not more so than, seeing the road at night. the high beam's reflector is pitifully small, as is typical on a lot of late model bike/cars. So I don't mind replacing it with a much more effective projector - especially a bi-xenon HID.

• Member Contributer

Good luck, and great to get back in the saddle, 1 bone of contention.....anyone can by a black motorcycle.....blue is it, IMHO!!!!

.....but of course you know that blue is the slowest!!! :goofy:

Depends on whether it is coming towards you or away from you.

Away from you (red shift) - the red is fastest.

Towards you (blue shift) - the bluer the faster.

Black... well, it must be going beyond the speed of light, no light ever makes it back to your eyes. :wink:

• Member Contributer

Projector in Beam position does seem to do the business a lot better.

"Go faster" Red angel eyes, a must. :fing02:

post-15902-0-71552000-1366123086.jpg

post-15902-0-86564900-1366123110.jpg

Cool! Is that a bi-xenon projector or single beam? Any pic of it turned ON and the beam pattern?

Glad to see a preview of what mine will look like... when I get my lazy behind off the leather sofa. :happy:

• Member Contributer

Cool! Is that a bi-xenon projector or single beam? Any pic of it turned ON and the beam pattern?

Glad to see a preview of what mine will look like... when I get my lazy behind off the leather sofa. :happy:

Its a bi-xenon but I disconnected the HID so as to see the rings properly. Will take some night time shots today and post up and make some comments on the beam pattern. Pity I didnt take pictures of the pattern with the projector in the "low" position.

• Member Contributer

Projector ON.

My phone camera isn't all that so I cant take a good night time shot. Must buy a good camera! :wink:

post-15902-0-94017500-1366371187.jpg

I like it! I bet the combined low beam light up the night, huh? Big headlights are one thing I really miss about the C14.

The projector I got from The Retrofit Source doesn't have your "halo", but I'm sure it will look pretty good. I am glad there are enough light that bleeds back to the stock reflector. Some people paint their reflectors black, and I just don't see the point. For one, that makes the mod irreversible. And it does away with some visibility by taking away the reflected light.

• Member Contributer

Sweet!!!! But, I beat a BUSA at Midnight Mayhem at LVMS! Not head to head, just compared time slips. Not quite into the 10s, 11.09....almost got there.

Enjoy it, it's a wonderful motorcycle!!!

Archived