Oem Bags

I have been shopping for oem bags on line both here and abroad. I am pretty cost concise so I have only been looking,

Until now. My local dealers parts guy offered a deal I couldn't say no to. He told me they were unavailable till later this month which was fine with me. Back at home I was looking at the invoice and the part number looks different than I have seen. I called him back and he double check the number. I repeated again what I had ordered and he reconfirmed the part number. Is this part# familiar to those of you who have ordered the OEM saddlebags in red.

08L70-MGE-C10ZB R342C

Thanks

08L70-MGE-C10ZB is the original part number for the red bags. At some point that number was replaced, the current part number for the Candy Prominence Red bags is 08L51-MGE-111. R342C is just the color code for the Candy Prom Red, it is not needed when ordering.

There have been huge delays in getting these bags in the US, but for some reason they are easy to get in Canada and the UK.

I got mine from Team Honda Powerhouse of Milton, Ontario. They currently have 8 sets of the red bags in stock. Ask for Haley in parts. Their phone number is 905-864-8588.

• Member Contributer

08L70-MGE-C10ZB is the original part number for the red bags. At some point that number was replaced, the current part number for the Candy Prominence Red bags is 08L51-MGE-111. R342C is just the color code for the Candy Prom Red, it is not needed when ordering.

There have been huge delays in getting these bags in the US, but for some reason they are easy to get in Canada and the UK.

I got mine from Team Honda Powerhouse of Milton, Ontario. They currently have 8 sets of the red bags in stock. Ask for Haley in parts. Their phone number is 905-864-8588.

How much shipped?

Thanks again for the info on the bags part numbers.

My local dealers price was $979.99 plus $78.40 in tax for the state. No shipping needed. $1,058.39 OTD. I can't call that cheap but it is competitive.

• 3 weeks later...

I just lucked out, got a set from a guy yesterday for $1K. he's never ridden with them, mounted them twice. I'm re-pinning the keys now. fantastic bits.

A little update. My bags arrived yesterday and they look great. More good news for me is my helmet ,Shoei X11 size med fits in both bags. I can't just throw it in either side but it fits in both sides without forcing it. Close enough fit to be something to consider before the next helmet purchase.

• Member Contributer

That is a good find David but these guys are talking about the 7th gen not the 6th...

I just lucked out, got a set from a guy yesterday for $1K. he's never ridden with them, mounted them twice. I'm re-pinning the keys now. fantastic bits.

That's funny. I spoke with the same guy. I thought his price was a bit high, then my purchase from the UK fell through. When I touched base with him again he said that they were sold. It sounds like you're the buyer.

I had to go through Canada (thanks to jtreadway for the info), but they should be here by the end of the week and it saved me a trip to the bay area. Once I heard they were on backorder for the UK too, I wanted to make sure that I was able to get a set. Afterall, that's one of the biggest reasons I bought the VFR and I'm moving away from the 1000rr.

• Member Contributer

A little update. My bags arrived yesterday and they look great. More good news for me is my helmet ,Shoei X11 size med fits in both bags. I can't just throw it in either side but it fits in both sides without forcing it. Close enough fit to be something to consider before the next helmet purchase.

How, do you get your Shoei x11 to fit. Mine won't even come close. Can you take a pic of the helmet in the bag. You are talking about the OEM bags for the 2010 right?

Yep OEM factory bags. Size med. Shoei X11. For the right bag place the helmet upside down facing forward the open end just slightly tipped outward.

For the left bag again helmet upside down back of helmet to the rear of the bag. The front of the helmet quarters outward about 45 degrees. As you would expect there is more space is available with the left bag. I am not forcing the right side though. It seems to be an exact fit.

Archived