Vfrd Group Buy...vfr1200 Flash

• Member Contributer

I am still in, of course, and I'm cornerexit on the other form. That's two of us and I'm ready to pull mine off and mail it at soon as we have the 5.

My other bike had this done and it was night and day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This may be a silly question but would it 'unleash' the top speed? Not that I've gotten there but once or twice, but it's the principal of the matter.

• Member Contributer

This may be a silly question but would it 'unleash' the top speed? Not that I've gotten there but once or twice, but it's the principal of the matter.

They claim to remove all factory restrictions...

Sure is tempting! I'll definitely be hitting these guys up once I can save up. Prolly be a few months though, livin on the GI bill n all. :wacko: Great info though! I'll PM once I can do it n maybe help make this happen.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

IF you had this flash , you would not need the Power Commander or the Bazazz Z bomb thing?

No. No more PC or Bazazz needed.

• Member Contributer

Well then that sounds like a good plan to me, No wire harness splicing, wire snipping, adding on of modules.

Did you get it or are waiting for more peeps?

• Member Contributer

Not yet. still waiting. Only two of us so far but I have talked to them now several times & feel very confident about their work.

• Member Contributer

How will this affect the warranty, if at all?

You'll have to call your local dealer. Mine said it won't affect it at all unless I start having ECM issues, then you would have to send it back and have ECU unleashed flash it back to stock.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Guys a little research on other wed sites and i found AFI Racing in Texas. They are a certified tuning center for unleashed. They list the re-flash service on their website for $449. Feedback on the Yamaha & other forum sites is very good for AFI Racing. Today is a holiday so I can't call to inquire further today. :cool:

OK I contacted AFI Racing today. They are a Unleashed tuning center but they only provide the service for three brands (no Hondas). Sorry for the confusion. I assume the group buy deal was directly through the Unleashed facility in California.

• 2 weeks later...

I contacted Unleashed ecu by e mail asking about reflash service for the VFR 12 which is not listed as a application on their website. Got a return e mail saying they do provide a reflash for the 1200 and referring me to their authorized tuning center nearest me, Star City powersports. Went to the star city website and they do not list Unleashedecu products or even advertise a dyno tune service under the service deprtment. Then called Star City Motorsports and could not find anyone there that knew anything about Unleashedecu.

Decided to order a power commander rather than continue to try and chase down this elusive product service.

Is the group buy really worth the savings? I'm fine with mine stock, other than a slip on exhaust. But I would imagine if somebody is dissatisfied enough to consider paying $450 to reflash his ECU, $50 isn't gonna make or break the deal.

• Member Contributer

Latest update, just heard from ECU unleashed again and they are opening up a tuning center near San Francisco, so I'm going to wait and take my 1200 in and have it dynoed and flashed at the same time.

• Member Contributer

ETA? Since you are a few states closer to ECUnleashed I'm waiting on you! I'm tearing the bike down at the end of October to finish her off. Full suspension replacement, gonna torch out the cat, and spend some time on the dyno. Want to mail the ECU off as soon as I get the fairings off.

• Member Contributer

Didn't say, either way I feel more comfortable bringing it into them... Will keep you all posted.

BTW. Luvtoleanit, where are you in Texas?? I'll be in College Station next month for Fire School at the TEEX facility.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Ok, guy's I have some Black Ops info... I'm told that our 1st and 2nd gear limitations are all inside the ECM and they are tied to a single wire that needs to be cut/disconnected... Although I don't know which wire it is. Who is smart/brave enough to open up your ECM and find that little Basturd...? Hopefully one of the smart European guy's might be able to figure this out by looking at the schematic, obviously it's tied to the GPS but don't know which one...

I'll keep hunting!

So if i'm looking at the ECM plugs right it is on the gray connector and must be connected to either of the D-19 or D-30 pins within the ECM.

Hopefully someone can figure this out and save us all alot of money and heartache.

So this is on the U.S. Model

Ok, guy's I have some Black Ops info... I'm told that our 1st and 2nd gear limitations are all inside the ECM and they are tied to a single wire that needs to be cut/disconnected... Although I don't know which wire it is. Who is smart/brave enough to open up your ECM and find that little Basturd...? Hopefully one of the smart European guy's might be able to figure this out by looking at the schematic, obviously it's tied to the GPS but don't know which one...

I'll keep hunting!

So if i'm looking at the ECM plugs right it is on the gray connector and must be connected to either of the D-19 or D-30 pins within the ECM.

Hopefully someone can figure this out and save us all alot of money and heartache.

So this is on the U.S. Model

I'm afraid this is a hoax. Guys like Dutchgixxer would have found this a long time ago. Also, the German Honda Tuner Kreizinger tried to get around the limitations of the EMC for more than a year. I think he gave up (no more news on his website).

• Member Contributer

So, has anyone actually opened up the ECM to see?

The only reason I ask this, is because that's what I was told from a company that does this but he wants to charge me $499 to do it. So I don't think it's a hoax.

Archived